[NTLK] Happy Canada Day!

Dennis Swaney romad at nvwisp.com
Mon Jul 1 14:20:58 EDT 2019

You're welcome, Grant.  Do some grillin' and chillin'!

On Thursday, these United States will be celebrating TWO events: First: the
243rd year of the Continental Congress approving the document written by
Thomas Jefferson with help from Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Roger
Sherman, & Robert Livingston. Second, the 243rd year and 2 days of the
Independence of these United States! The Declaration of Independence was
written to explain to the world the REASONS for the vote for independence.
So the true history is:

July 2nd is the date of the vote for independence AND the LEGAL date of
U.S. independence.
July 4th is the date of the vote to adopt a written paper explaining the
July 2nd vote.

So I'll be grillin' and celebrating tomorrow and maybe again on Thursday
(when you're retired EVERY day is a non-paid workday).

Maybe we can also do July 14th, Bastille Day!

Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Cogito Ergo Mac"