[NTLK] Serial-Out for Trains?

Steve Craft craft.steve at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 00:34:10 EDT 2019

Hey all. An uncle gave a full old-school train set to me (my kids) and I was thinking that it might be fun to control the track switching and other things in the set from an eMate. Can anyone recommend a way to use the serial port (or anything else) to send a signal from the eMate to something outbound? Of course there is also the software side of things...

All ideas appreciated. At first I thought I might do this with an Apple II, but this will be even more fun.

Thanks!