[NTLK] I miss the Newton

Doctor Clu drclu at swbell.net
Fri Mar 15 13:58:04 EDT 2019

I wanted to thank all commented in the “I miss the Newton” thread.   I am just going to say that one thing that hit me the most was how some equated and treasured the Newton as an experience apart from the regular internet.

I’m coming to value this more and more as I realize that internet traffic is more and more tracked by the right and wrong people.  The Newton was a product of the time it came out, a time when the internet was not as connected.  The Newton did and does operate on it’s own, reaching out to computers and network when it needs to, but that is not always needed.

Ultimately I think what makes the Newton fun is it contains your own personal universe on the go.

Just some thoughts and thanks for the comments made a week or so back.

Doctor Clu