[NTLK] Southern California meetup

Maury Estabrooks maurye at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:07:22 EDT 2019

> Well said, Sylvain.
>
> Jeff?s ideas are intriguing, but after I read his post I heaved a sigh.
>
> I?m all for meeting up as he has suggested...but checking Pawel?s map right now, the nearest Newton users to me are in Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas. Any of these is a minimum of 300 miles away, so a 3- to 5-hour one-way drive and its associated overnight stay would be involved. Of these, Southern California would be the best choice (also the farthest), as there are 5 other users listed there.
>
> In a different world and circumstances, we would all be independently wealthy and have lots of free time to go wherever, whenever we chose.
>
> Sadly, this is not such a place.
>
> I really wanted to attend the recent screening of Noah?s film at the Computer Museum; but time constraints with family and employment made that not possible.
>
> I don?t wish to be negative; I would very much like such meetings to happen. I just don?t see how it could, at least right now. Even if I could, how many others could have a free enough schedule to join me?
>
> It?s not even the cost of the travel as much as it is the lack of free time.
>
> I recall when Noah was making his film, we had several email conversations about the difficult logistics involved with visiting Newton users around the US, yet alone the world.
>
> This is why I say that other Newton users here are close friends I will never meet; I?ve come to that realization and am (mostly) okay with it.
>
> Sadly.
>
> Mahalo,
> Forrest

I am in Southern California. Orange County to be exact. About 7 miles south of Disneyland. I am open to a meetup if you ever find yourself visiting the Disneyland area or even in Los Angeles which is a good 30-40 miles north.

I recommend Exposition Park in LA to see the Space Shuttle Endeavor. A must visit while it is still in a horizontal position prior to the planned vertical repositioning attached to the main tank and booster rockets.

Maury Estabrooks
maurye at gmail.com
Twitter: @maurye
www.copperthumb.com