[NTLK] Frustrating cables

Rufus Kohn rufuskohn at gmail.com
Thu May 16 14:28:36 EDT 2019

Hi Newton lovers,
I bought this cable after my keyspan became obsolete from updating my mac.
I hooked it up to a adaptor cable (rectangle on the ugreen to mini serial
plug that fits on the newton devices. Mac osx sees the ugreen cable fine
And NCX sees the cable too. But anytime i initiate the dock connection on
the Newton after a few seconds I get a message that is timed out and I need
to check the cable

What on earth am I doing wrong?

Only thing I can come up with is that the adaptor cable is missing internal
wires. So I could cut open the Ugreen cable and directly solder a mini
serial plug to it, I might try if no easier solution arises and if I can
find out how the wiring is configurated.

Any solutions are ever so welcome.
--
Met hartelijke groet,

Rufus Kohn