[NTLK] Parts (Newton)

Grant Hutchinson newtontalkmessages at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 01:34:20 EST 2019

> On Nov 23, 2019, at 4:47 PM, Walt Berger <scooby9261 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Do you still have parts for Newton ? I own a eMate 300 and the screen
> ribbon cable just broke (hinge). So im looking for that ribbon cable. But
> im also looking at new ways to use this device. I see Wifi is an option,
> modems etc.

Welcome to the list, Walt.

The only current source for replacement (at least new versions) eMate ribbon cables is Newton Sales (you’ll have to Google them, as I’m not comfortable posting a direct link to the their site on the list). The replacement cables are not cheap, but apparently they’re fairly well made. I can’t speak directly to their quality from my own experience, since I’ve never had to replace any of the ribbon cables in my eMates.

Frank Gründel posted a review of the replacement cable several years ago:

https://www.pda-soft.de/en/hardware/emate/ematecable/ematecable.html

Another option is to find someone who has a dead eMate that you can salvage the parts from.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Interweb Custodian