[NTLK] Starting up NewtonScript programming

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Fri Apr 24 10:10:59 EDT 2020

> On Apr 23, 2020, at 20:12, Pawel Piotrowski <newton at indigi.co.uk> wrote:
>> Matthias, I'd also be happy to donate the cost of an Apple Developer Program membership to the project, so you can distribute signed and notarized Mac builds that launch without all those nasty warning dialogs.  :)
>
> I’m happy to donate too. Maybe we could organise some Patreon donations. I’m pretty sure a few people could join and then we all could help to develop this awesome project. After all, when all our physical Newtons will die, at least Einstein will still work.

Nonono, please don't. I'll be happy to pay for a Developer account. My problem is time, and the specifics and work that goes with setting up the accounts, and then somehow make all these thing appear in the app while still keeping my information out of the OpenSource.

It's easily 3-4 hours spent on this and a couple of hours more for testing it on multiple versions of macOS. Multiply by 4 for Linux, Windows, and Android, and I have lost coding time for 32 features and 3 bug fixes.

So, if we have experts for those platforms, if you could set this up for me, or give me step-by-step instructions for each of those platforms, that would be much more helpful.

I talked already with Steven for MacOS. Victor can maybe give me the ins and out about getting my CMake setup into the Faltpak, and I don;t know if anything must be done on MSWindows? Also, on Android, I have an account, but never really understood what I am doing. I could use help here how to get the App into the sotre, and how to allow users to download the ROM withoit poking through the innards of the file system.

 - Matthias

PS: Please, I am happy to hear suggestions for new features, and of course bug reports and criticism. It helps me make the app nicer ;-)