[NTLK] Test run for Worldwide Online Newton Conference?

j jhogue1 at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 30 19:21:10 EDT 2020

Can I also recommend adding a brief list of “Video Conferencing Etiquette”.

Things like:
-Always be on Mute unless you are about to speak
-Turn off video camera (most of the time)
-Family friendly language (It will be recorded after all!)
-etc

Turning the Mic and Camera off is mainly for bandwidth concerns.
Only the people talking should have their mics on so the presenter doesn’t get talked over by background noise.

The formula for bandwidth requirements is (Number of people * Number of people -1)
So if we have 50 people in Zoom, that means 50 * 49 = 2450 video streams !!!!!

If we have any video or audio quality issues, we will need to ask people to turn off their mics and cameras to get it back !

Jason