[NTLK] Problem with connecting my eMate to my Mac

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Sat Aug 29 15:48:19 EDT 2020

Paul,
That's exactly right. I didn't want to go into details with Fabrice, because the writing voltage is not indicated on the cards. Even if today with the Internet it's easier to find information, the problem is that there are an incredible number of PCMCIA memory cards and in all of them very few are Newton compatible and even less for eMate. A visual is easy to memorize, the references are there to help verify that it is indeed an eMate compatible card. The Apple 4Mb card with the Newton logo on a white background is a good base. You just have to be able to find one. But there must be someone in the list who would have a few too many…

> Le 29 août 2020 à 19:35, Paul Nuernberger <pen at baroncompsys.com> a écrit :
>
> IIRC, the cards that will work in eMate are 5v write cards, while the original cards are 5v read and 12v write. Newer technology, relatively speaking.

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]