[NTLK] Newton 2x00 not turning off - What can it be?

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Wed Jan 15 01:47:55 EST 2020

I was about to say the same thing.  I recall several packages that would turn on the screen when you tapped it.  But that made it so the Newt didn't actually sleep and was a battery hog as a result.  It might also be two packages for sleep modification are fighting each other.

It is strange though freezing all the apps didn't fix it until you did a brain wipe.  That means whatever the package is doing is modifying the prefs soup (my hunch anyway).

I also assume it never goes off by itself?  Here is another question, when you use a battery package that gives details about the battery and charging (there are several) does it say it is plugged in? Or anything else unusual?

Is the prefs setting to always stay on when plugged in enabled?  Usually though if that is enabled, and you flip the power switch, it stays off.  Unless there is another power package that is overriding that.

-Dan

On 1/14/2020 6:14 PM, Sylvain Pilet wrote:
> Hi Frank
>
> Curious about this problem.
> Do you have a complete list of all the apps installed on the Newton when the defect appears?
>

> Sylvain Pilet
>
> http://message-pad.net
> http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]
>

>> Le 14 janv. 2020 à 23:47, NewtonTalk <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi gang,
>>
>> in my quest for turning Christian's Lady Newt back into a usable partner, I
>> now have the problem that this lady won't turn off. To be precise, she'll
>> turn off and immediately back on. Always. Every single time.
*snip*