[NTLK] Thanks for the NEWT/0 updates!

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Sat Jul 11 10:20:09 EDT 2020

> On Jul 11, 2020, at 00:06, Morgan Aldridge <morgant at makkintosshu.com> wrote:
>
> I just wanted to thank Paul & Matthias for the NEWT/0 updates of late.
> I haven't tested Matthias's updates yet, but I tested Paul's which
> were merged back into the main project.
>
> Of special interest to me were the fixes to exceptions. I dusted off a
> project I created back in 2012, a little unit test library called
> NSUnit and it seems to work now:
>
> <https://github.com/morgant/NSUnit>
>
> I had intended to use it to write tests for some other libraries &
> utilities written with NEWT/0. Who knows whether I'll ever use it, but
> nice to see it working.

I like your choice of music in your Twitch video. Some songs had German lyrics. Unexpected and funny ;-)

Paul is working on the original Newt/0. His stuff is prestine and perfect, as usual. My old 64bit code for newt/0 was a bit of a hack. Not sure, if he kept that at all. I branched into newt/64 which runs at 64 bits all the way, so NewtonScript integers are 62 bit, all pointers are truly 64 bit, etc. etc. . As usual, my stuff is pretty buggy and just good enough to run with Einstein. ;-)

 - Matthias