[NTLK] Prototype MP110s/120s

Jeff Luan luanjeffrey at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 04:32:04 EDT 2020

Hi all, glad to join the community!

I've been a longtime vintage Apple collector but I'm not so knowledgeable
about Newton stuff (I do own a 2000/2100 and an OMP)

Recently, I picked up a lot of 9 Newtons from someone who worked on
component engineering for the MP1xx series at Apple. One of these is a
clear MP110 with a normal front (apparently he had swapped out the front
with a regular one due to personal preference) and apparently the others
had been used in the testing process at Apple at various points in time.

Here are some pictures of the half clear Newton and a few of the more
notable units in the lot:
https://imgur.com/a/uCop4OI
https://imgur.com/a/pOexZO2

Of note, the two DVT units have a beta version of NOS 1.4 on them. My
understanding is that 1.4 didn't officially come out, right?

I'll take some pictures of the other Newtons, but they aren't as remarkable
from the outside. Software wise none of the Newtons have anything out of
the ordinary on them, besides the NOS betas. In the meantime if there's any
info I could provide about the units let me know what I could do.

Thanks all!

-Jeff