[NTLK] Removed adhesive screen protection, what a difference

timjohnson tim at aaack.org
Tue Jun 16 10:23:50 EDT 2020

Hi all,

About a week ago I took the suggestion of a veteran member of this
list, and removed the adhesive screen protection from a 2100 I'd been
given in ~2016.  Wow, what a difference.

This unit had left me doubting my own memories regarding how well the
pen input worked on my old, misplaced 2000/2100.   This unit just
didn't live up.  But after I peeled off that glorified Scotch™ tape
and rubbed the screen with a few ounces of Goo Gone™, it was like the
whole green world had re-opened to me.

In a way, I'm glad it had the screen protection installed when it was
given to me.  It means the screen is nearly mint for me to now scratch
up on my own use.  So, thanks to the person who originally applied it,
and thanks also to the veteran member of this list who supplied me
with the confidence to remove it.  I'm back to setting up To-Do items,
checking them off, and entering transactions into PocketMoney, just
like it was 199x/20xx all over again.

Cheers,
Tim