[NTLK] [Admin] Was: [OT] Virus research professor gets, explains Coronavirus panic

Grant Hutchinson newtontalkmessages at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 13:17:38 EDT 2020

>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 9:36 AM Matthias Melcher <m.melcher at robowerk.de> wrote:
>>
>> You know guys, I always wondered what you would get if I would eat french
>> fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy. Has anyone ever tried
>> such a rediculous thing? I really wonder how it would taste...
>
> On Mar 20, 2020, at 11:00 AM, Dennis Swaney <romad at nvwisp.com> wrote:
>
> Poutine poisoning!

And on that note, I’m shutting this thread down.

Off topic messages have always been welcome on NewtonTalk, within reason.

This particular topic is sensitive, however current and applicable to our daily lives it may be.

Please keep in mind the following guidelines from the NewtonTalk FAQ:

“Off-topic posts and threads are generally tolerated if they were spawned from an on-topic thread.”

And ...

“... threads which stray into heated topics such as politics, personal beliefs, morality, PC vs. Mac discussions, and the like should *not* exist on the list.”

cf. <https://github.com/splorp/newtontalk-faq/blob/master/newtontalk-faq.md#off-topic-posts>

This includes the original post by Dr Dudney.

If you wish to continue discussing this topic amongst yourselves, please do it off list.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Grant

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Interweb Custodian