[NTLK] RAM requirements for Newton Dev on Classic Mac

j jhogue1 at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 2 14:54:03 EST 2020

Hi everyone !  :-)

I finally got to recap my two Mac SSE/30’s !! (A Color Classic is still awaiting treatment…)

The first and very important step in getting Newton development software running on them.
I am now replacing a dead hard drive with a RaSCSI board, Upgrading RAM (both have 8MB) and getting 32-Bit clean ROMs from Big Mess O’ Wires.

I need to know how much RAM to put in them (Yes, lots… just because) to support Newton development.
What would you guys recommend??
Also, in addition to NTK, is there any other software you would recommend?  (I won’t need MODE32 as I’m replacing the ROMs)

Thanks!!

Jason
Canadian Newtoneer (In Training :-)