[NTLK] [ANN] New archive of NewtonOS icons

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun Oct 11 13:12:19 EDT 2020

Hey all,

I wanted to look at all the Newton OS icons for inspiration, but
couldn't find a good resource for that. So, I fired up Einstein with a
NewtonOS 2.1 (English) ROM and perused the built-in apps while taking
& slicing screenshots into individual transparent PNG files. I have
put all the resulting icon files into a new UNNA GitHub repo, so if
anyone wants to also use it for reference they can do so:

<https://github.com/UNNA/newtonos-icons>

If anyone wants to submit more icons, esp. from an eMate and earlier
versions of NewtonOS, you're more than welcome to.

Naturally, these are only for historical reference since they're all
under Apple's copyright.

--
Morgan
---