[NTLK] Newton appears in Apple developer video

Mark Rollins Mark at MRollins.com
Tue Sep 8 13:46:55 EDT 2020

> From: Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com>
> To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton appears in Apple developer video
>
> Mark, do you have some inside information as to whether it is Rosetta (the Newton print recognizer), or did they re-invent the wheel, so to speak?

I do not.

INKWELL (deprecated MacOS HWRX) on good ol’ Wikipedia reference created Larry Yeager who describes in footnote 1 about the history of how Newton print recognizer (Rosetta) became inkwell.

As the iPadOS is using WatchOS Scribble that came from Inkwell (which that plus SIRI dictation on a color touchscreen computer the size of a Watch is truly amazing) I’m just connecting the dots.

As someone who still has their original Newton and an MP2100, who still brings them out occasionally to stun someone with what existed 25(!) years ago, I can’t wait.

I also can’t wait to see what happened if you write “Rosetta Rosetta Rosetta” 3 times...

I mean it worked in Inkwell...