Re: NTLK Geeksafe (Lost Passcode)

From: Steve Rooke (srooke@chhlth.govt.nz)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 22:17:25 EST

If you use a soup editor it's easy to see all the data you have stored in geeksafe in plain text. You may even find the PIN number in there but at least you can get to the data easily (assuming this is what you were in fear of losing). Due to the ease of accessing this info, I would not consider this package all that wonderfully secure.
Cheers, Steve
>>> ben_d <ben_d@clear.net.nz> 11/23/99 02:03 >>>
I have GeekSafe installed in my Newt120, (os2.0) and have forgotten the
pin number to get into it. Is there any way to get into it without
deleting all my information?

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

about us at some time. Find out why at: