Re: NTLK challenge for the programmers

From: jon glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 03:14:10 EST

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 6:38 AM, NewtonTalk
<mailto:newtontalk@planetnewton.com> wrote:
> Actually that gives me a thought, if the Back button is impossible as I
> suspect it is, having a popup listing within the Find window of the last
10
> search strings used would be a big improvement. Anyone know of any
> existing
> utility which does this?

A "hack" for this would be to use the Assist button to find. Simply type
the text you want to find, and tap "Please" and choose "find". It adds an
extra step to the process (You get the find dialog, which means two steps
instead of one) but it does have the advantage of giving you a history of
finds. (Tap "please" in the Assist, and you will see your latest finds
listed).

-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass@usa.net>