NTLK Intel 6 meg card

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen@cowboy.net)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 10:48:43 EST

I just received one of the Intel 5/5V 6 meg cards (value 100 series) that
had been mentioned here earlier. It is recognized by my MP120/2.0 but I
can't format it- it tells me it is write protected, but there is no
write-protect switch on the card.

The MP120/2.0 can do 5/5 cards, right?

Occasionally I've read that people were able to use non-apple cards
(usually the big 32 megs ones) after first formatting them on a IBm
laptop- I've been all over Intels site, I can find no reference to drivers
or anything being necessary to access this flash card under Windows- I've
tried it in 2 laptops, it it seem as a type I card but I have no way to
access it that I can see.

What exactly do I have to do to use/format this card on a IBM laptop, so
that I can see if the card is OK or if it just needs initialized so the
MP120 can reformat it?

Other thoughts? If I can't get it to work I will get my $ back, but I've
already mentally allocated about 3 megs of it :) and kinda want it to
work out.

Please cc: via direct email, I'm subscribed to the digest and I'd like to
work on this before the digest gets out (but I'll be happy to read
comments from digest subscribers at midnight Wed :)

thanks,

Brian

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com