Re: NTLK serial cable and printing

From: Gerard Tripptree (gtripptree@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 08:25:15 EST

Hello Adam:

Sorry to say, this will NOT work. I have tried it.

The PrintPack driver for the Stylus expects you to print through a PARALLEL
connection. PrintPack does not support a Newton serial connection.

Likewise, you need a serial driver to print from a Mac to the serial port
of the Stylus. The port is not "plug and play."

LocalTalk and serial are not the same thing either. To use LocalTalk, the
printer must have a LocalTalk/AppleTalk connection or adapter. Epson Stylus
printers do not have built-in support for LocalTalk.