NTLK CDMA Data and Qualcomm 860 Phone

From: Doug Fuss (douglas.fuss.pc.86@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 12:12:07 EST

I recall a thread a while ago where someone was able to connect to their
service provider or the web or both via a serial connection using his
Qualcomm phone as a modem. I recall that this newtontalker was in Canada.

I recently acquired a Qualcomm 860 slimphone from Bell Atlantic Mobile. They
promise that it is possible to use the phone as a modem (actually the modems
are on the network side, not in the phone) using Windows on a laptop. I've
been trying to do this with my MP2100 but can't find the right modem setup.
I have the right cable and I'm able to get the phone to dial using the
GSM/Ericsson driver (at least the screen on the phone shows that it's
dialing), but it never actually finishes its connection with the net.

Has anyone done this successfully? If so, can you give me a hand? I have
Modem Modifier. What did you use for your modem settings? Does anything else
need to be configured on the phone or Newt? I've been trying to get these
setting from Bell Atlantic but noone seems to know them.

Thanks, Doug

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com