Re: NTLK How can eMate 300 work with Chinese?

From: Ching Yi Tsai (mp2100@softhome.net)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 20:33:38 EST

Hi Lucas,

> If it is possible for eMate 300 work with Chinese?

It depends on what you mean by "work with Chinese"..
By installing a Chinese font and display patch and input method, you can
read, input Chinese on an eMate.

The problem is that the only input method that works with Newton's external
keyboard is TCIM by Eureka Lee, and I don't know why, but it can not be
installed to a eMate. Everytime I tried to install it, both my Mac and eMate
will hang.

So basicly, if you don't mind using the stylus tapping on the tiny keyboard
on the screen to input Chinese (which I assure you is very slow), then it
sort of works. But it does not work with eMate's internal keyboard.

I hope this clarify this situation a little bit.

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com