NTLK Xircom 10/100 BaseT Ready PCMCIA

From: Efrain Suarez II (es2@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 20:20:08 EST

Just wondering if any knows if the Xircom 10/100 BaseT PCMCIA card works
with a NMP2000, ROM version 2.1 (717260)-1. When I insert the card, a
message appears stating that there is a problem with this card. (Newton
cannot recognize this type of card.)...OK. Do I need a driver for this
puppy to work. Is there one out there? Any advice would be much
appreciated.

Also has anyone observed an UNDOCUMENTED FEATURE with the Newton and Books
made with Newton Press 1.1. I have Eudora 4 Pro Download my e-mail and
convert my Newton Talk to a PlainText format. Then I drag and drop the
Document to Newton Press and save it as a package. I use NCU to install
the .pkg to my NMP2000. When I am on the 4 Train going downtown (in nyc).
I read NTLK to kill the time. Say when I am going to get off at my stop I
just turn off my newton and go on to work. When I start up the Newton, I
can no longer scroll or close the book or reboot the Newton. This is a
list of programs that I have install on the Newton:
Alarm Clock 2.7
BattTraxx 1.0
ButtonBar Plus 2.0
Eudora Pro 1.1