re: NTLK WAP (wireless application protocol)

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 06:23:59 EST

I took a look at some of the WAP and WML docs
(http://www.wapforum.org/what/technical.htm). on first glance, it looks
like it might be possible to map many of the WML constructs into regular
HTML ones; the Deck and Card model would map especially well into the book
and page model used by Newt's Cape. on the other hand, there is a
scripting language (subset of JavaScript/ECMAscript) so that would require
a compiler or way to map to NewtonScript; also a security model. and not
sure whether the transport protocol is required or if http can be used.
does anyone have URLs for sites that serve up WML docs? I still don't think
I'm going to pursue this, but if the examples looked easy enough...

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com