NTLK Lost Data

From: dunay (jdunay@mprtech.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 15:36:29 EST

OOPs
I erased a card and lost some NewtDB records I didn't know were there.
It seems that NewtDB stores its records on the default store, I wondered what that
little dot was on the routing button. Also NewtDB doesn't seem produce an icon for its
record stores. I have found no option to make newtDB store internally like notes or
dates.

I think this is how this happened:
I bought a new flash card, made a full backup on it and made it the default store.
Bought another flash card for backups only, made a full backup, viola, no need for the
other backup on my default store.

Here comes the user error part:
Not realizing that I could delete the backup info only (by hitting the erase button)
I copied all the icons to another card, getting rid of the backup info and saving
everything else, or so I thought.

Now I erased the original storage card, and in the process losing records

this could have been worse, I didn't lose much;-)

I did do a full backup to a flash card before playing with my stores.

Here come the questions:

Does a full backup, back up the flash card data as well or only internal stores?
How can I tell if there is info on the card if it has no icons?
What other info can sit on the card without it being seen, besides backups?

...it seems I'm playing with fire!

TIA

--
.John M Dunay