NTLK RE: Intel 6 meg card

From: dunay (jdunay@mprtech.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 22:35:45 EST

Try inserting the card with the prefs app open it should ask you if you want to erase it.

There is another trick that was suggested to me I had no luck with, and that is starting
up your newton while holding the stylus midway down the screen on the left hand side
about .25 inch away from the edge. This sounded like voodoo to me but It made the newt
do something as I recall but it wasn't erasing the card.

I bought 4 of these cards for my 2100, they all work fine. I'm still wondering if these
should work in other MPs or emates.

I know you can erase these cards with a laptop but I have no idea how, I have a
centennial 4MBFlash card and my thinkpad running linux hates it, I tried all sorts of
tricks to get it to erase and no luck. According to the PCMCIA man pages I should have
been able to cook this sucker... well what do I expect for free.