NTLK Ericsson DV23v4 PCMCIA modem

From: Rodney Tamblyn (rodney@stonebow.otago.ac.nz)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 19:01:34 EST

I'm interested in connecting my Newton to an Ericsson cellphone using
the Ericsson DV23v4 PCMCIA card.

I know that some people have successfully used this setup, so it can be done.

According to:

http://til.info.apple.com/techinfo.nsf/artnum/n38004
and:
http://newton.macguys.com/newton/resources/modem.html

a modem configuration Ericsson-GSM was included in FLASH memory with
N2K. I can't see it on my Newton so I'm assuming it must have been
erased at some point. Can anyone point me to where I can find this
file, or send me a copy as an attachment?

I'd also be interested in any advice on using this card with a
PowerBook G3 (where to obtain drivers etc).

Ericsson web site as useless as ever, their mobile office site
(http://mobile.ericsson.com/ec_cws30_live/spg.asp?template=mobile_data
) is down, and the FTP site has no Macintosh or Newton
drivers/information.

Thanks.

Rodney

Rodney Tamblyn
HEDC, 33 Union Street, University of Otago, P.O. Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
email rodney@stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Phone 64 3 479 7580 Fax 479 5194 ICQ 4145098 PGP available

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com