Re: NTLK NTLK; Long Live Newton & eMate!

From: Gary Moody (gmoody@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 18:46:33 EST

Hi Woo...err...!ooW iH...

Okay, when I open the back of the eMate, there are two possible slots in it.
  With the battery (and the handle) towards you (in relation to the slots),
there is a left slot and a right slot. The left slot has a card of some
type in it, the right one is empty.

What does this mean? Is it upgraded?

My understanding is that the existing card (which has nearly no componentry
on it) is supposed to be there and the eMate cannot run without it, and the
right slot is the one used for the memory upgrade...yes? Or should this
card be in the right slot and the memory card goes in the left?

How do you identify what's where? Does the card have any markings on it I
can use for identification?

Regards,

Gary