Re: NTLK -48200 error

From: William Hills (WFHILLS@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 23:21:28 EST

Laurent,

Thanks for the reply. It helped zero in on the problem. It seems to be
happening when the Newt is trying to activate NewtWorks and a couple
of associated packages. In fact I'm now getting a error message that says
the following:

'An error occurred activating the package "NewtWorks". It may not work with
this system. Contact the software publisher for further information. (Part
1, Type auto)'

This is followed an identical error message ending in '...(Part 0, Type
form).'

I get an identical message when the Newton is trying to activate NewtWorks
Draw and Works Calculations. After which, all of the icons appear in their
appropriate place, but NewtWorks will not start. Somewhere, and seemingly
randomly
in this sequence I get presented with the -48200 error.

I did try preventing the Newton from activating these packages and I don't
get any error messages.
In addition, I can recreate all but the -48200 error by freezing and
unfreezing each of these packages.

Obviously, I'm not sure what went wrong here. I backed up the Newton, did a
brainwipe and restored. There were no errors in any of these procedures
until
the Newton rebooted and tried to activate these packages.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill