NTLK Beam woes

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 03:15:40 EST

Hi all,
beaming from a MP120 to a MP2k1 and vice versa is a pain. It stops with
bad connection errors but I dont believe that. I've tried everything, no
distance, short distance, angled alignment and long distance (which
don't work either). The IR-beaming is so prone to errors its incredible.
Then I found names card which stopped during beaming always at the same
position with bad beam. I removed the NOWSOFT and other unneeded slots
from my names files and watched how I could beam that card now. It went
over w/o any bad sign at the first try. May it be that the elder MPs
can't handle e.g. MI5.05 entries? Also beaming of packages works
sometimes fine sometimes not at all.

At the worst to me is that beaming between two MP2k is unreliable too. I
got damaged Names entries while I tried to beam my 1000+ names to my
UMP2k. Has anyone good results with beaming?

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand ****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by: