Re: NTLK Beam woes

From: Gary Moody (gmoody@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 14:45:52 EST

Yeah, but I bet your machines EAT batteries! Leaving the "receive Beams
Automatically" parameter enabled in the InOut box beaming preferences causes
the Newton to never truly sleep. It continually polls the infrared port for
activity 24X7. I bet if you turn that parameter off (uncheck it), your
battery life will jump dramatically. Of course, then you will have to
prepare the receiving Newton for a beam. Just FYI...

Regards,

Gary