NTLK Other - MD players that play MP3

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-WT (Frank.Gruendel@de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 04:06:38 EST

>http://www.sharp-usa.com/frame.asp?pageid=/minidisc/
>
>Your little mpeg gadget has already been in production.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know of this thing.
However, a quick browse on Sharp's site made me believe that
in order for it to work, you need the Voquette NetLink Adapter.
Another browse on Voquette's site made me believe that this
thing (correct me if I'm wrong) does nothing but convert different
audio formats into analog audio nf which then can be recorded
by MD's, cassette players etc. I doubt that this thing has a digital
output as it is sold bundled with a Philips cassette recorder for
$99 only.
If my assumptions are correct, basically the NetLink adapter can
do nothing more than the sound output of my Mac or PC bundled
with any freeware MP3 player can do for free right now.
The major benefit of MP3 in my opinion is that loading is fast.
I won't have to record 60 minutes for an album, I'd have it on
the player in a fraction of that time.
Again, if anyone owns the Netlink Adapter or can prove I'm
talking nonsense here, please correct me.

Frank

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com