NTLK NEWTONOZ: NewtonOz Items 9.0.0

From: NewtonOz (newtonoz@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 13:45:23 EST

Hey, Everyone! Here's NEWTONOZ ITEMS v9.0.0 (Happy Holidays! We have a
NEW PHONE NUMBER & HOURS, PLUS CHRISTMAS STOCKING STUFFER SPECIALS!)

Hi, Newtoneers!

Christmas is coming! Break out the yule log, hot chocolate, and curl up
to a nifty NewtonOz Buk for the holidays. NewtonOz is proud to provide
eMates in holiday Newton Green, as well as a festive stocking stuffer
promotion with any order! Check out the bottom of this list for a few
goodies any Newton toting Santa would give (or receive!).

WE STILL HAVE 6 eMates FROM THIS BATCH. GET THEM NOW FOR CHRISTMAS. Last
day for before Christmas delivery is December 13, 1999.

WE NOW ACCEPT CREDIT CARD ORDERS (American Express, MasterCard, Visa)

-----

NewtonOz presents VISA MAGIC MOMENTS (TM) in the month of December!

Use your Visa (R) Card to pay for your purchases from NewtonOz, and you
may experience a MAGIC MOMENT, where your whole purchase is FREE!

For more details, visit VISA Card at http://www.visa.com/ or ask your
NewtonOz representative.

-----

Okay, here's the NewtonOz presents list! (New Prices and Items effective
12/6/99; this list supercedes all prices posted before it)

ALL PRICES ARE CASH/CHECK/MONEY ORDER DISCOUNTED. CREDIT CARD ORDERS
INCLUDE A 4% SURCHARGE ON MERCHANDISE.

--Styli/Writing Utensils

NEWTON 110/120/130 TELESCOPING STYLUS - $9.99 New

These are the great quick popping styli for the second and third
generation Newton MessagePads.

NEWTON 2X00 STYLUS - $15.25, $11.48 Used

So sleek, so stylish, it's the 2000 standard stylus from Apple. At this
price, you gotta have two!

NEWTON eMATE STYLUS - $16.25 [back in stock, get 'em while they last]

In eMate Green, these fashionable styli are also sturdy and tough, just
as the eMate.

NEWTON DESK/CHARGING BASE STYLUS - $11.66
NEWTON 100/OMP STYLUS - $4.25

The original stick stylus, more form than function. Yummy!

--Newton Power: Cells & More

NEWTON 9W AC ADAPTER - $29.59 New, $22.48 Used
- Australia Converter $6.98
- Europe Converter $6.98
- U.K. Converter $6.98
--All three converters for $17.52

110, 120, 130 RECHARGABLE BATTERY - $34.92 [constrained supply, get 'em
while they last]
eMATE RECHARGEABLE BATTERY - $61.92
2X00 RECHARGEABLE BATTERY - $35.22 (NewtonOz Packaging), $36.52 (Apple
Packaging), $15.48 Used (as-is)

We commend everyone that uses a rechargeable battery in their Newton! By
using rechargeable batteries, not only do you save money on batteries,
you also save landfill space from pileups of
dead Alkaline batteries. Send your dead rechargeable eMate or 2000 series
batteries to NewtonOz
for recycling and a credit on your next order! Alert: 2000 series battery
supplies are dwindling!
Order now before prices go up!

1x0 Series Battery EXCHANGE ONLY - $22.92 for one, 21.72 for two or more

Have dead Apple 110, 120, or 130 rechargeable batteries lying around?
Exchange them for a brand
new battery, and you'll be running green in the screen, and green in the
juice pack! eMail for
details!

2x00 Alkaline Battery Cage - $29.87
OMP/100 Alkaline Battery Cage - $8.54

--Doors / Lids / Covers / Lenses

2X00 FRONT DOOR - $46.00
110/120/130 BACK DOOR - $6.99
110/120/130 FRONT DOOR - $15.00
RUBBER I/O COVER 110/120/130 - $2.50
LITHIUM BATTERY COVER/PLATE - $2.00

Red IR Lens for 130 Series - $3.00
Red IR Lens for eMate 300 Series - $9.00

One of our customers cited that he taped a few of these together on his
glasses to get a red rosy color in his eyes. Hmm... What can you say to
that? What holiday spirit...

Dummy Card Holders - $9.99 new or $8.99 used

These are the "fake" cards that are used to keep dust and foreign objects
away from the inside of your MessagePad's PC Card slot (not necessary on
an eMate). Don't let the name fool you, you're no dummy if you use one of
these.

--Accessories

Brand New Newton Keyboard

Apple describes these as "The fastest way to enter information into your
Newton". Believe it! When you are working on lots of eMail, or you are on
the road working from your lap, a keyboard is indispensible! And at this
golden deal, you can't pass it up!

Regular Price - $79.00 new

Apple Nylon Case

These are the standard Nylon case for Keyboard and MessagePad. If you
need an inexpensive case, this is the one. Holds the Newt, keyboard, PC
Cards, Extra Stylus, and Interconnect. It even has a cute sewn on Newton
Logo on the front. Specifically made for Newton 2000, but a Newton 1x0
would fit in there as well.

$40.00 new, $20.00 used, $10.00 really used (AS-IS)

CHARGING BASE FOR 110/120/130 - $80.00

--Modems/Communications

MegaHertz 14.4 PC Card Fax/Data Modem - $20.95

If you travel with your Newt, you can stay connected with a portable,
light weight, low power X-Jack modem, such as the MegaHertz XJ1144. And,
if you lose it, you can always get another at this low price!

Apple Newton External Fax/Data Modem (black) - $24.92 used

This is the famous "Cigarette Pack" modem of old school Newton
connectivity. It works just great with all Newtons, and is fully
supported by all NewtonOS versions. Transmits data and fax at 2400 baud,
and can work with a standard AC Adapter (not included) or with two AA
batteries (not included) when you're on the road.

NEWTON INTERCONNECT - $19.89 New
These are the lovely little adapters that you need to connect a 2000 or
2100 to an external modem, to your computer, or to a Newton keyboard...

NEWTON PRINT PACK 2.0 - please eM@il for details [this item backordered]

This is the cable package that you need to connect to most Parallel
printers! Get one if you visit places that have lots of different kinds
of printers...

NEWTON TO PC CABLE (DB-25 & DB-9) - $21.06 New, $19.06 (DB-9 only) New

--WriteRights

--NewtonOz brand NuShield Value Paks

Don't have a NuShield on your Newt? Don't run your Newton Naked!
NuShields protect your screen by becoming an invisible barrier over your
screen which protects against scratches. Each NuShield lasts one to three
months, depending on usage and care. Get the NuShield package that best
fits your Newton! Try out a single NuShield with our SinglePak or the
Newton RoadWarrior Package!

[NuShields are backordered, order now to guarantee availability]

NuShield for 2000 Series MessagePads
Singlepak - $7.00
4pak - $19.92
8pak -$39.82

NuShield for 110, 120, 130 MessagePads
Singlepak - $7.00
4pak - $19.92
8pak - $38.82

NuShield for eMate 300
Singlepak - $9.00
4pak - $30.92
8pak - $58.22

--Cases

Newton Nylon Case - $40.00 new, $20.00 used, $10.00 really used (AS-IS)

These are the standard Nylon case for Keyboard and MessagePad. If you
need an inexpensive case, this is the one. Holds the Newt, keyboard, PC
Cards, Extra Stylus, and Interconnect. It even has a cute sewn on Newton
Logo on the front.

Newton 110/120/130 Leather Organizer Case - $56.00 [new lower price]

This is the bookstyle case that everyone loves... made for Newton, it
carries your checkbook, Newton, PC Cards, Business cards, small papers,
and has a pocket for a cell phone... whatever you would carry in an
organizer. Looks great, and a great price.

WetSuit 1.0 for eMate 300 - $24.95

These cases are GREAT for the eMate! They fit great, and have a large
pocket for an AC Adapter, PC Cards, or other accessories that you would
bring with your eMate. Available in purple only.

Newton 110/120/130 Basic Apple Leather Case (LC) - $29.92

This is a leather case that is meant to protect a 100, 110, 120, or 130
during travels. It has a Newton Logo on the front, and a zippered closure.

--Memory and Upgrades

eMate INTERNAL MEMORY UPGRADE - $103.84

Faster memory access via a 32-bit bus, and increased heap and internal
storage space... can you believe it? These quality modules are by
NewerRAM. NewtonOz Items is an authorized NewerRAM memory vendor. eM@il
NewtonOz for your Macintosh and Newton memory module needs!

Call us for info about PC Card memory!

BTW: 5v/12v memory cards are usable in any Newt but eMate 300. 5v/5v
memory cards can be used in any Newton.
OMP/100/110/120 (1.x) MessagePads are limited to 4M cards

--Software

X-Port 2.0 MAC - $20.22
Mahjongg Solitare (PowerMedia/Scrawl) - $24.22
AvailWorks 3.0 (PelicanWare) - $35.22
Columbo's Mystery Capers - $6.52
QuickNames Pro - $22.22
Notion 1.2 (for Newton 1.x) - $7.22
Pocket Quicken 1.2 - $27.22
Pocket Quicken 1.0 - $6.22
Iambic PaperPak - $20.22
KwikMenu - $21.22
NetHopper 2.2 (upgrade for free) - $12.22
NetHopper 2.1 (upgrade for free) - $9.22
The WriteStuff (LandWare) - $20.22
Digital Gourmet (Mac or Win) - $20.22
Lunar Lander Pro (Win) - $14.22
QuickFigure Pro - $25.22

--NewtonOz CD Series

bukCD 1.0 - Sold Out
Keep a lookout for bukCD 1.5, in Spring 2000!

--Newtons

These Newtons are NewtonOz refurbished and carry a 10 day NewtonOz
warranty, unless listed otherwise. NewtonOz Refurbished Newtons are the
cleanest Newtons you'll find on the Net short of brand new! No oily
residue, no stinky cases or boxes, no DOA Newts... we put ours through
several tests before we buy to be sure you're getting a great Newton!

Newton 130 Package - eM@il for details
Item Number: WAITING LIST
- NewtonOz Refurbished Newton MessagePad 130 (MINT screen)
- Manual
- Stylus (Telescoping)
- MegaHertz 14.4 X-Jack Modem
- Sample BrainWash Newton Cleaner
- 4 AA Alkaline Batteries
- Columbo's Mystery Capers
- Free NewtonOz eM@il tech support

Newton 2000 (Un-Upgraded) Package - WAITING LIST
Item Number: WAITING LIST
- NewtonOz Refurbished Newton 2000 (Unupgraded)
- NewtonOz Refurbished Newton 2x00 Rechargable Battery Pack (as-is)
- Newton 2x00 Battery Cage
- Newton 2x00 Stylus
- MegaHertz 14.4 X-Jack Modem
- Sample BrainWash Newton Cleaner
- 4 AA Alkaline Batteries
- Free NewtonOz eM@il tech support

Newton 2000 (Upgraded) Package - WAITING LIST
Item Number: WAITING LIST
- NewtonOz Refurbished Newton 2000 (Upgraded)
- NewtonOz Refurbished Newton 2x00 Rechargable Battery Pack (as-is)
- Newton 2x00 Battery Cage
- Newton 2x00 Stylus
- MegaHertz 14.4 X-Jack Modem
- Sample BrainWash Newton Cleaner
- 4 AA Alkaline Batteries
- Free NewtonOz eM@il tech support

Newton 2100 Package - WAITING LIST
Item Number: eM@il for details & future availability
- NewtonOz Refurbished Newton 2100
- NewtonOz Refurbished Newton 2x00 Rechargable Battery Pack (as-is)
- Newton 2x00 Battery Cage
- Newton 2x00 Stylus
- MegaHertz 14.4 X-Jack Modem
- Newton Backup Utility
- Sample BrainWash Newton Cleaner
- 4 AA Alkaline Batteries
- Free NewtonOz eM@il tech support

NewtonOz eMate 300 Bundle - $459.22 (price goes up again January 15, 2000
- order NOW!)
- availability: NOW... ORDER NOW!
- brand new eMate 300 PDA with NewtonOS 2.1
- ONE YEAR APPLE WARRANTY
- all manuals included in electronic form
- Teacher's Instruction Manual included
- NewtonWorks (word processor, draw, spreadsheet)
- Newton Connection Utilities
- Newton Press 1.0
- eMate Classroom Exchange
- NetHopper 3.0
- NIE 1.1
- 24 Hour NiMH Rechargable Battery
- eMate stylus
- Newton 9w AC Adapter
- free NewtonOz eM@il tech support

This batch of eMates is the very last batch of brand new Newtons that
Apple had after recalling them from all worldwide subsidiaries, so after
we completely run out, there will be no more brand new eMates ANYWHERE in
the world.

CHEAPO STUFF

Most of these items are refurbished, or used. When they are gone, they're
gone!

PowerBook 150 12/120 - Make Offer
Macintosh Classic 4/40 - Make Offer
Macintosh Classic II 4/80 - Make Offer
Macintosh Quadra 630 12/500, AV, Ethernet - Make Offer
SCSI Single Speed CD-Rom (Toshiba mechanism) - Make Offer
Apple II Monitor (green) NEW in box - Make Offer
NEW PowerBook 1x0 series Battery Stand/Charger - Make Offer
LaserWriter IINTX motherboard with 1M RAM - $45.00

We now exchange dead 110/120/130 Apple Battery Packs for new ones. eM@il
for details!
We now take broken Newton MessagePads and eMates in for servicing! eM@il
for details!

CHRISTMAS STOCKING STUFFER SPECIALS

Order ANY item at regular price (over $10), then take as many of these
great stocking stuff-ers for your Newton loving loved ones!

-Newton Nylon Case (limit one per order)
$7.00 USED/AS-IS

-Newton Keyboard (limited supply) (limit one per order)
$69.48 NEW - NOZ Packaging
$40.48 USED

-MegaHertz XJ1144 14.4 PC Card Modem Fax/Data
$18.88 NEW (OEM/WhiteBox or No Box)

-Newton to Mac Cable - Platinum (limit one per order) (Apple or Generic,
our choice)
-Peripheral 8 Mac to Peripheral Cable - Platinum (limit one per order)
(Apple or Generic, our choice)
$5.48 NEW

-9w Adapter Euro Converter for use of the Universal Newton AC in Europe
(limit two) (limited supply)
$3.92

----

There is NO minimum order amount!

All prices are cash/check/M.O. discounted. Credit card orders must include a 4% surcharge on merchandise.

Shipping is usually just $4.25 for orders under 1 1/2 pounds in the U.S. only! We do ship worldwide -- eM@il for more details.

LIMIT: Only ONE free gift per order, and we mean it this time! ;-D

If you don't see an item here, we take special requests, and we'll do our best to get you the best price on rare Newton Items. We also buy Newtons! Sell your used (but well cared for) Newton to NewtonOz for redistribution into the Newton Community!

eMail to:

newtonoz@ix.netcom.com

with the subject NEWTONOZ SALES to place an order or make an inquiry!

Due to our overwhelming volume of eM@il orders, we request that you CALL US for speedier service.

Or you can call us at NewtonOz Headquarters at (818) 781-1009 [this is a US phone number] Our operators are available from 7PM to 11:30PM, Sunday through Thursday, Pacific Standard Time. SPECIAL HOURS FOR FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10, 1999: 8AM to 1PM, Pacific Standard Time

(BTW: Please expect a TWO WEEK delay in response via eM@il. WE RECOMMEND CALLING FOR QUICKER RESPONSE AND ORDERING!)

NewtonOz reserves the right to change prices at any time via posting of this text catalog. Changes to this catalog affect all quotes that are not paid and completed. To lock your price, we recommend paying by credit card.

NewtonOz is not responsible for typographical errors. To verify price, eM@il or call us!

-The Folks at NewtonOz

----

NewtonOz, NewtonOz Items, NewtonOz Sales and the "skewed N" are trademarks of NewtonOz. Apple, Newton, MessagePad, eMate, and other Apple brand designations are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc., other trademarks belong to their respective companies and individuals.

----

NewtonOz Items is now an official sponsor of the NewtonTalk eM@il List! It's the place you want to be for the best in Newton Community Discussion and Support!

To join NewtonTalk, or to find out information, visit http://www.newtontalk.com at Planet Newton for details!

----

NewtonOz Items now has it's own mailing list! If you always want to be informed of the newest NewtonOz Value Deals and jam packed text and PDF catalogs, just eM@il to newtonoz@ix.netcom.com with the subject "NEWTONOZ LIST". You'll be added to our mailing list, which mails our newest prices direct to your virtual mailbox. And, NewtonOz promises not to clutter your eM@ilbox with useless junk. We'll send an eM@il a maximum of three times a week, and we'll never sell or distribute your eM@il address.

Join today! :-D

----

NewtonOz's FAVORITE site is "This Ol' Newt", home of:

- "Son of ULTIMATE Newton Links Page" - one of the largest active Newton link sites we've ever seen - "Newton WebRing" - hosts of the webring dedicated to our favorite PDA - "Newton Used Price Guide" - Check out the Used Price Guide before you buy used Newton parts Many interviews, articles, and features... updated frequently! It's a must visit for you and your Newt! THIS OL' NEWT http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt "Keep the Green"

----

NewtonOz's FAVORITE NEWTON NEWS site is "Info-Newt"!

- Frequent Newton News and Event Information - Software Archive - Links to other Newton sites

\\ /, `( Info-Newt http://www.info-newt.com/ \ = Support Newton! -- INK DIFFERENT

-The Folks at NewtonOz Items newtonoz@ix.netcom.com

(818) 781 1009 Business Hours: 7PM to 11:30PM Pacific Standard Time Sunday through Thursday

****************************************** This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush 2000 Campaign, and almost every other major U.S. politician has said something nasty about us at some time. Find out why at: http://www.evote.com