Re: NTLK Some technoquestions

From: Jared Williams (actually@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 12:06:30 EST

Well sir, I work with pen-based laptops like the Panasonic, Fujitsu and
Norand lines, and can tell you that we usually use the term reflective LCD
for LCD's that absorb ambient light and use that to enhance the brightness
of the screen.

Transflective is fairly new for LCD's (at least the color models), but it is
usually referred to whenever talking about LCD's that will absorb SUNLIGHT
and still be viewable. Normal LCD's will reflect sunlight, therefore
blinding the user and disallowing all viewing ability. Transflective CTFT
LCD's are usually less brilliant than a regular TFT screen. They also don't
display as many colors.

As for the radio stuff, i've heard of CDPD and GPS, but i've always related
them only to my cell phone! : )