Re: NTLK Re: Sketch for works

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 02:50:26 EST

On 12/13/99 2:18 PM, Laurent Daudelin
[mailto:laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com] wrote:

>Jeroen Goulooze wrote:
>
>> I found the sketch for works package on Planet Newton. Well, this could
>> be something I really want for a long time, but it lacks one feature: A
>> scrollbar on the right side of the screen, as in the normal works
>> document.
>>
>> As a journalist I use notes a lot to quickly scrible down some phrases in
>> ink text. I always wanted a works doc that did the same thing because of
>> the annoying 'This note is becomming to long, please start a new one'
>> message.
>>
>> How hard would it be to make the scrollbar? Has anyone already tried it?
>
>Might not be that hard. I first would have to see the source. I remember
>someone on the list saying that this was an example on how to write
>stationaries for Works. I've thought I had any imaginable sample code
>snippets, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this one. So, could
>someone point me in the right direction? Like I said, I already have the
>entire sample code folder that was on the Apple website, and after looking in
>the Stationaries examples, I couldn't find anything that looked like
>NewtSketch.

It's just "Sketch". (Sketch-1, actually).

I've got a copy of the source (and so should the person you were
responding to) that I can send if you need it.

On Planet Newton it's under the "Sample Code:SYSTEM DATA & BUILT IN APPS"
area. Here's the URL for the file itself:

Mac Format download:
http://download.planetnewton.com/download/programming/sketch_sit.hqx

PC Format download:
http://download.planetnewton.com/download/programming/sketch.zip

>Anyone?
>--
>-Laurent.

 \\ /, Keep On Newtin'! Visit the Info-Newt news Web Site and FTP
`( Info-Newt software archive for Newton PDAs: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ and ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = FAQ for the Newton Community: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/
              SUPPORT NEWTON! -- INK DIFFERENT