NTLK A Christmas Gift to the Newton Community

From: Ray Kloss (raykloss@umich.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 11:40:34 EST

To all,

I know there are a lot of Newton Books out there, but most are
formatted for the 120-130 screen and very few for the 2000 MP. To
that end, I decided to reformat Dicken's "A Christmas Carol". I was
inspired to read it after hearing Patrick Stewart's one man play (on
CD) - which is magnificent - and read the whole thing on my Newton.

I now present this to the Newton Community for your enjoyment. I hope
you like it as much as I did. It is formatted for the 2000 MP series,
and includes illustrations (not by me). A good read. You can find it
on Info-newt's FTP site. I release it to the Internet, so spread it
around if you like.

It's in

ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/Contributions/Books/

but will eventually move to

ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/Books/

so if the first doesn't work, try the second.

PS

On the subject of Newton books. I know many are out there but I would
like to think about starting an archive for the Newton Press files,
so that others can take books and reformat them for MP 2000 or for
120, as needed. I would love to have the Sherlock Holmes series to
read, but he small screen size of the current books is too small. If
the Newton Book files were available, I could just redo them and read.

Have a happy and safe holidays

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com