Re: NTLK A Christmas Gift to the Newton Community

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 03:43:05 EST

On 12/17/99 10:40 AM, Ray Kloss [mailto:raykloss@umich.edu] wrote:

>On the subject of Newton books. I know many are out there but I would
>like to think about starting an archive for the Newton Press files,
>so that others can take books and reformat them for MP 2000 or for
>120, as needed. I would love to have the Sherlock Holmes series to
>read, but he small screen size of the current books is too small. If
>the Newton Book files were available, I could just redo them and read.
>
>Have a happy and safe holidays

That's a GREAT Idea, Ray! I like it a LOT. Please feel free to post
your Newton Press sources for A Christmas Carol to the Info-Newt FTP site
and I'll start put them together with the books they are the source for.

I'll do that for any book anyone wants to post, or even the reformatted
text documents for Paperback (I usually take Project Gutenberg texts into
BBEdit Lite and unwrap the text using their handy unwrap-text command
before running 'em thru Paperback.)

With Steve Weyer's plug-in for Newt's Cape to read PalmDoc books, I might
even have to start a section for those.... ;-)

 - Bill

 \\ /, Keep On Newtin'! Visit the Info-Newt news Web Site and FTP
`( Info-Newt software archive for Newton PDAs: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ and ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = FAQ for the Newton Community: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/
              SUPPORT NEWTON! -- INK DIFFERENT