Re: NTLK Largest book created with Newt's Cape?

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 02:23:21 EST

On 12/17/99 3:46 PM, Victor Rehorst [mailto:victor@gear.torque.net]
wrote:

>Hey all, I'm trying to create a *very* large book. The source I'm working
>with is 2MB in HTML, or around 1.3MB in text. I'd like to use Newt's Cape
>to convert the HTML to a boot automatically, but my first few tried have
>failed. I'm serving the HTML on my own home network, so there's no
>concern over bandwidth (my Newt is connected via Ethernet, of course). I
>was just curious what was the largest book people have created using
>Newt's Cape? Thanks for any ideas or tips.

I'd guess that Tom Sheppard, who does the IMDB books that are QUITE large
could help you out here (and Steve Weyer, of course, being Newt's Cape's
author). Steve reads NTALK, of course, and I think Tom does too.

And thanks to Steve the PalmDoc format is now readable on Newton as well
as Palm.

 - Bill

 \\ /, Keep On Newtin'! Visit the Info-Newt news Web Site and FTP
`( Info-Newt software archive for Newton PDAs: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ and ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = FAQ for the Newton Community: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/
              SUPPORT NEWTON! -- INK DIFFERENT