NTLK cellphone adapter cable

From: CElhardt@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 10:30:30 EST

I stopped by the cell phone vendor yesterday to see if they had an
adapter cable that would go from our cell phone to the modem receptacle
on my MP130. Of course, the sales person had never heard of such a
thing.
Any newtonTalkers know where I can get such a cable?

The reason I need this is that on reserve sundays several of my fellow
reservists have to drill at a remote location. The signin/signout sheets
will now be kept at the unit, making it impossible for us to do a timely
signin/signout. We don't have access to a fax machine, except for my
Newton. The plan is to collect signatures in inkText and fax them in to
the attendance gestapo. The phone system at the remote site is one of
those digital PBX things, and I don't want to risk burning out my modem
on it.
Does anybody know if it's possible to plug the modem into the handset
cable RJ(bunchOfNumbers) instead of the RJ45 from the phone system? I
know the handset connector is a little bit slimmer than an RJ45.

chris.

 "The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to
be
 when you kill them."

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com