Re: NTLK Two Questions

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond@netcom.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 02:30:26 EST

At 12:59 AM -0500 12/28/99, NewtonTalk wrote:
>If you get something like a DSL-Ethernet router, then you would be
>able to setup
>a small Ethernet network, meaning all computers on the network will be able to
>access the internet simultaneously. For your Newton, you will need an Ethernet
>card, like the Etherwave from Farallon.

I use exactly this type of setup at home. My desktop machines and my
Newton all have various flavors of Ethernet adapters which are
connected via 10BaseT to a 5-port hub, which is in turn connected to
a Zyxel Prestige 641 DSL router. In the Newt I use either the
Farallon card (now no longer sold) or a 3COM Megahertz Xjack Ethernet
LAN card plus Victor's driver.

If you have any other questions about how I achieved this please feel
free to ask.

-Jeremy

Jeremy Bond Shepherd | There's something about a martini
San Francisco, CA | 'ere the dining and dancing begin.
Internet: jbond@netcom.com | To tell you the truth.
Phone 415-929-0297 | It is not the vermouth.
                             | I think perhaps it's the gin. -Ogden Nash
PGP Public key can be found on most servers.

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com