Re: NTLK Help! Battery warning on Pretec Memory Card

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 12:07:09 EST

------
In a message dated 12/30/99 8:06:21 AM, tmcamp@fusionary.com writes:

<< "The battery on this

memory card is running low. Data may become lost."

I had a card that had a battery a long time ago. It wasnt obvious at first
but when you looked there was a spot that it opened on the top and a battery,
such as in a calculator, did fit in. I had to keep the card inserted then
removed the battery with the card in the newton as to not erase any data......
------
The Card with the battery is not a Flash Card which requires no power to store data. It is I think an SRAM Card. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, and incidently, it is much faster than a Flash Card though less convenient.

If you have a Flash Card and got false reporting about battery running low, you probably don't have the latest System Update which I think correct this problem amongst other things. You should have ROM Version 2.1 (717260)-1. You can check this in Extras under the Memory Info display.

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton Messagepad/SimpleMail v 3.3.1d1>

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com