NTLK Sprint wireless

From: Tim Cahill (tcahill@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2000 - 09:18:41 EST

Is anyone using Sprint Wireless internet with their MessagePad? I've
looked at the hardware Sprint is selling to connect their Qualcomm
QCP2700 phones up to computers, and it is just a serial cable. I've
been thinking that a serial gender changer would be all that was
required (in hardware) to connect it to the MessagePad's interconnect
port.

On the software side. I've considered an internet setup that used a
serial connection, and did not need a dial tone. I think I'd need to
dial the ISP number by hand on the phone, then initiate the PPP
connection once the server had answered the call.

Anyone have any success with this? Any comments?

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com