Re: NTLK Synch problems between Palm Desktop and Newton

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 00:54:07 EST

On 12/29/99 3:02 PM, EqualityFL@aol.com [mailto:EqualityFL@aol.com]
wrote:

>Is anyone else having difficulty synching Palm Desktop and the Newton? I
>am unable to import Dates etc...from my Newton to my Palm Destop either.
>It seems related to installing OS 9 and/or using At A Glance on my Newton
>but that may be coincidental.

What error messages are you getting? It works pretty well for me on my
PowerBook G3 Series/250 with Palm Desktop 2.1 (I haven't tried 2.5 yet)
and MacOS 8.6. Tried freezing or removing At A Glance (what's At A
Glance? Where do you get it? Does it add data to Dates that wasn't
already there?)

You can't sync the file that's currently used by default by Palm Desktop
because the little INIT that adds the icon in your menu bar on the right
side listing your schedule for today has that file open.

>Thanks to the good folks on this listserv, I am able to use the IrDA (EE
>Transfer) to communicate with my G3...It doesn't appear that I can use
>that method to get my datebooks synched though.

No, you can't. NCU doesn't support IrDA fully.

 - Bill

 \\ /, Keep On Newtin'! Visit the Info-Newt news Web Site and FTP
`( Info-Newt software archive for Newton PDAs: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ and ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = FAQ for the Newton Community: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/
              SUPPORT NEWTON! -- INK DIFFERENT