Re: NTLK Switching to Palm

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren@Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 17:59:52 EST

on 1/3/00 5:15 PM, kyle.powderly@mindspring.com at
kyle.powderly@mindspring.com wrote:

> This past weekend I had
> a chance to try out an old Palm Pilot Professional, and while it lacks the
> elegance, cross-app integration and power of any of the Newton MessagePads, it
> has one advantage: I could stick it in my pocket and take it wherever I went.

It's worth mentioning that the exact same statement could be made of piece
of notepaper, or more on the topic an old 32k sharp organizer. Granted, the
palm has more features than either of those (especially the paper), but the
point is, while many people like to say form and size are ALL important
negating power completely, it's not true. While size might be of more
importance to many people, power and elegance are not to be discounted so
readily.

Yes, I admit it. I can carry a Palm Pilot much more easily than I can a
Newton. But, since the Palm pilot can't do what I need it to do, I may as
well carry around that piece of paper.

Loren

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com