Re: NTLK Newt's Cape Questions

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 09:09:25 EST

>Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 09:37:31 -0500
>From: Loren Finkelstein <Loren@Finkelstein.Net>
>
>Hi. I have 2 questions about using Newt's Cape.

I think I answered these somewhere else recently (comp.sys.newton.misc?)

>I am using v2.0x.
>
>1. How do I schedule things for automatic retrieval. I tried to look it
>up, but what I found online didn't seem to work. It seems I should go to
>Bookmarks:Browse/Schedule, check of an item, and click the routing button.
>When I do this, my only options are Open, Process (Save as package or save
>to Newtworks), Display URL, Save at Outline, and Delete. Should there be a
>schedule option here?

I'm guessing you're using "All Bookmarks" -- try selecting items in a
specific (or Unfiled) folder

>2. How do I save multiple smaller books into 1 backage. As I understand
>it, this should be possible, but I just can't find how.

assuming you're already comfortable saving books as packages and creating
new HTML docs in Notes or Newtworks (and setting ISBN)...

see info about LINK in:
  http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/newtscape/docs/head.htm#LINK
example:
  http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/newtscape/exs/bookpart.slp

Steve
weyer@kagi.com
NewtDevEnv, Newt's Cape, Sloup, Crypto,...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/index.htm
http://www.kagi.com/weyer

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com