Re: NTLK Re: newtontalk V1 #204

From: Josh Burker (Josh_Burker@misd.wednet.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 10:25:49 EST

>>On 12/30/99 5:40 PM, Dale T. Steele [mailto:dsteele@igc.org] wrote:
>>
>>>I am now working In an NT environment and appletalk is no longer
>available.
>>>Will I be able to get my MP2lOO to print?
>>
>Now, with OS-9, Mac users are running our own
>network and file sharing over TCP/IP.

Well Mark, if you want to be super sneaky behind the IT guy's back (and as
an IT guy I know how riled I get when people do this, but my people
aren't this clever): take a serial cable and connect it to any old Mac
around the office, in the printer port. Then go to Apple's Software
Update page and download the veritable old Laserwriter Bridge. Put it on
the Mac, activate it (it's a control panel), and restart the Mac. You
will then be able to connect to the Mac using the serial cable, and should
have network services provided through serial. Simply set up a new
worksite, designate your internet prefs as being provided through the
serial connection, and voila, you have you MP2100 on the network, able to
print once again. Hallelujah!

Josh

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com