Re: NTLK newt's fatal flaw (somewhat long, oh and a rant toboot )

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 10:46:11 EST

Marco Mailand wrote:

> Adamson@aol.com schrieb:
> > ...Perhaps you are familiar with Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of
> > needs? The bottom of the pyramid is foundation, the top is aesthetics.
> > Using the hierarchy, for humans, you must first be secure in your fundamental
> > needs of shelter, food, water, sex, health, or self-preservation before you
> > can truly appreciate Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue." In computing, there are
> > many fundamentals that must be mastered before one can videoconference with
> > family and friends.
> > Laurent, I must apologize for the length and breadth of my response to your
> > two line question. Must have something to do with the millennium, or not.
> Nice to read your post. It recalled one of Lenin's hypotheses: Quantity
> transfers into a new quality as soon as it has exceeded a certain limit.
> On the higher Quality level the quantity devolops and the whole circle
> continues. Its not a direct citation, it's only my vague translation
> from russian into english. Your post expresses what I experience each
> day at work, while constructing our electron accelerator.

One of the nice aspect of owning a Newton and reading this list is how it brings a
lot of people with various backgrounds together. I mean, if I'm subscribed to some
programming mailing list, all the folks are programmers. But this list here is very
nice to offer you different perspectives on a lot of things...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com