RE: NTLK Selecting tray from printer possible???

From: Gary Moody (gmoody@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 19:01:18 EST

Hi Guys,

Okay, first, forget about the Newton. It does not have the capability to
select printer trays at all. GDT never built that capability into their
printer drivers.

On the older LaserJets, you could use the printer's internal Paper Handling
Configuration Menu to specify the "default" tray to be used (when one wasn't
specified - old DOS software). On most of the later model HP LaserJets, the
printer selects paper starting at the bottom tray and working upward,
depending on size specified. Since the LaserJets select the tray by paper
size (most modern desktop software sends this info but the Newton doesn't),
the only other way for this to work is to load letter-size paper into the
bottom tray -or- to set the Tray 1 Mode=First (tray 1 is the manual feed)
and manually feed the paper into the printer :P.

I hope Pablo's solution works, because the above scenario are the only
others that might.

No good, quick, elegant solution, but the only ones *I* know of...

Regards,

Gary