Re: NTLK Re: ICQ for Newton

From: Justin (justin@meatware.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 21:27:06 EST

Hi NewtonTalk :)

I'm resurfacing after a long absence. Some of you may remember me as the
guy who talked about NewtCQ for a long time but never delivered anything.
:) Well I haven't just been sitting around -- I tried for a long time to
implement ICQ on the Newton and mostly through lack of time, failed.

I'm currently about half done developing a client/server version of NewtCQ
that uses an "icq proxy" running on a server that simplifies the ICQ
protocol to a very simple set of commands I can easily program for the
newt. If I release NewtCQ, I'll run this icq proxy on my own servers &
also release the (messy) code so others can run it as a backup.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated...
Thanks,
Justin

---
Justin Streufert
justin@meatware.com

"When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man." -- A Clockwork Orange

PGP Public Key available at: http://www.meatware.com/~justin/pgp.txt